Use our database of the historic major clans and kindreds of Highland and Lowland Scotland and their 'septs' - lesser clans and surnames historically associated with them.
Can't find a particular name or clan? We're continually updating our records based on the most recent research - if you have any queries contact email@example.com.
What is a clan, a kindred, or a sept? Find out at Clancentral
Enter your surname to search the Clans, Kindreds and Septs
Browse the major Scottish Clans and Kindreds here
Find your tartan and view swatches with our Tartan Finder. You can search for tartans by family name, clan name or colour or just browse our A-Z list.
Search for your tartan by entering the tartan, clan, surname or location below or Search by colour by clicking one of the colour boxes:
Browse our A-Z list of tartans by clicking on a letter below
You searched for: tartans. There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search againToo many results? You can filter your results by a stripe colour.
You searched for: . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
You searched for: Tartans beginning with . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
The Technopipes is quite simply the best hardware electronic bagpipe on the market. Unsurpassed in reliability, portability and sound quality.
Please note that earphones are not included.
- Highly portable. Fits in your pocket: only 16 x 249 mm (5/8" x 10") Contains all the electronics as well as the battery: no extra box to plug in.
- Uses standard 3.5 mm stereo earphones (not included): perfect to play on buses, trains etc. Ideal for the commuter.
- Unforgiving at detecting crossing noise.
- Authentic bagpipes sounds.
- Drones sound with different drone configurations.
- Built-in metronome.
- Adjustable contact sensitivity.
- Pitch adjustable within a two octave range.
- Recording capabilities, with variable playback speed.
- MIDI output (cable included).
- Runs on one standard AAA 1.5V alkaline battery or one AAA 1.2V NiMH Rechargeable battery (not included). Runs for approx. 10 hours on a 1000mAh Rechargeable NiMH battery.
- Touch controls for all settings.
- 1 year warranty.